Dear Members of BCHPA,
Due to the unfortunate outbreak of COVID-19, our Semi-Annual Business Day schedule for this Friday was cancelled. The BCHPA Executive would like to keep the flow of our twice-yearly membership meetings going in spite of this. We have decided to hold our executive meeting via a telephone conference call so we can practice social distancing. You are invited to join us for our business meeting on Friday, March 27th from 10 am to 12 pm, expecting to be finished by noon. We will address many of the topics planned for our meeting in Kamloops. This is no crisis meeting: BCHPA is fine, except for not being able to meet in person. This is just a way for us to keep informed about our association business during the physical separation phase of the pandemic response.
Our agenda will include reports from our executive, committees and task forces, financial reports, updates on our conferences and a spring update from our provincial apiculturist, Paul van Westendorp. A detailed agenda is published on our website along with advanced copies of reports. You can review the information before the call and email in any questions you have about the topic(s). You could also open the web page and refer to the agenda and topics during the call. We will try to address all your questions as time permits.
1. Since we expect scores of folks to be on the call at once, it is VERY IMPORTANT to join the call in a way that doesn’t disrupt others. Once you have joined the call, MUTE your phone with a mute button if you have one or by pressing “Star 6” (*6).
2. During the call, NEVER put the call “on hold”. That would in some cases start standby music to all the other callers, destroying the function of the call. IF that happens, after 20 seconds we will have everyone hang up and call in again.
3. The executive will conduct the business on the agenda and will address questions as they have been emailed to us. Given time, we will open the floor for you to unmute your phone and ask a question.
Date: Friday, March 27th
Time: 10 am to 12 pm (2 hours)
Conference Call Number: 1-888-882-9090 Participant code: 1361619#
Email your questions to Michalina: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agenda – Business Meeting March 27, 2020
- BCHPA Executive Meeting – March 10, 2020
- First-vice President’s Report
- Treasurer’s Report
- Honey Council Rep’s Report
- Website Report
- BeesCene Editor Report
- Research Project Funding Report
- Research Committee Report
- Bee BC Report
- Young Agrarians – Land Matching Program
- Tech Transfer Task Force Report
- Farm Classification Update